|Another experiment inspired by Ms. Hall’s Embroidered Books.|
I started with one piece of tissue paper from Crate and Barrel, covered it with Adirondack Red Pepper paint from the Ranger dabber (hoping it was heat-fixable paint since I had no Stewart Gill Byzantia nor anywhere close to acquire some from), sprinkled with Pine Needles Distress Embossing Powder, and heated.
I tried to then cover with UTEE but it wouldn’t stick, so I had to brush it off, use a Boss Gloss dabber to put a layer of embossing ink over the papper, then I added UTEE again and heated. It wasn’t a full covering but turns out I like the look.
It still needed something, so I added some Antique Gold Rub ‘n Buff with my finger. That provided some much needed light and set off the red paint and melted EP nicely.
I plan to just use PVA to turn this into a book cover. Seems pretty sturdy at this point.