Tonight I made one of the books out of Re-bound–the paint-sample album–with an eye towards doing it in the book arts workshop I might teach at my son’s school (if anyone signs up for it!). It took me about an hour and a half from beginning to end, so if I want to do the whole thing in one session for the workshop, I am going to have to prepare some of the materials ahead of time–probably cutting the paint samples and sheets would be the obvious thing to do. I wanted to use this as an opportunity to get them familiar with using a paper trimmer though; maybe I’ll figure out where I can fit that into an earlier class and just save them until we are ready to assemble the book. That’s a good idea . . .
I didn’t have the right hardware for the top so had to use brads until I can make a list to get the right stuff. It looks pretty cute and I think everyone will like the hinge on the top cover. I made some mistakes and judgment errors, which is good–I’ll be able to point them out in class and use them to demonstrate certain things.
It was fun to go start-to-finish on something. Having the possibility of leading this workshop in front of me is doing wonders for my activity in the studio. I always did work better with deadlines!